Monday, April 7, 2008

The Original King of R&B


Bobby Brown is making sure he stays gainfully employed and on the minds of everyone. I feel like Every Little Step I take he will be there. He started his career as a Singer/Criminal. Since then he has stopped making music while humping across the stage and the Baby Mommas realized they ain't got a thang coming. Brown is desperately trying to find success in other arenas. Bobby was on two different reality shows (one as a Comedian and the other as a Comedic Country Singer), and is now writing a tell all book which I am sure will be hilarious. Being Bobby Brown in my opinion was one of the best darned reality shows ever, it was so funny. Who doesn't like to see folks cut up and act a fool? My favorite episode shows The King and his estranged wife Wiggy Houston standing over a grill singing Fire by the OHIO PLAYERS! It was like sitting on your porch in Southeast DC, being a nosy neighbor, only you didn't have to leave the comfort of your home. They should put more family programs like this on TV. Now Bobby, is writing a tell all book which I will be the first at the library to get a copy. I know what your thinking, "Why don't you buy it!" I am not paying for the further demise of the King in the Form of Crack. We need him around some more, I feel like we still haven't seen the best TV moment featuring Bobby.

In his upcoming book Bobby talks about Wiggy Houston, Janet Jackson, and Madonna. He pretty much blames the Wigster for his drug problems, which I have always said she was a user long before she met Bobby! He then goes on to tell how he dated Janet Jackson and she broke his heart. In my mind I dated Nas, he married Kelis and broke my heart. Do you see where I am going with this? In regards to Madonna he writes:

"By the time I reached my third single on the 'Don't Be Cruel' album, I was one of the biggest stars in the world. You know what that means. With success comes the women! A wise man once told me that. At this time, I probably had dated half of the industry, including Madonna."

First of all I saw Bobby Brown in Concert when the Don't be Cruel album came out and he was opening for New Edition. So quite frankly he wasn't that big! Secondly someone tell me who is this wise man he talked to, because there was never a time at the height of Mr. Prerogative's career where I was chasing him down. Now Ralph Tresvant, that's another story, but Bobby please! He spent the better part of his life looking like a Booger Cookie. I wont discredit his account about dating Madonna, because after all she did date Dennis Rodman.

Just when you think Bobby Brown won't embarrass himself any further his hot dog head son Landon decides to show up on Reality TV sounding just as bad as dad. As if the music wasn't enough to make you sick, you had to look at his big head, and pop rock teeth! What's sad is that he doesn't have dad's dance moves, or a connection with Babyface for a hit. Looks like the Kings Reign has come to an end.

Now that I think about it, why am I referring to him as the King? That "F"-ing Whitney Houston that's why. We all knew that Luther was the King, but we allowed a bony skeleton with shifting teeth to put it in our heads that Bobby was the King. I guess I also I got a good laugh every time I said it, including today.

No comments: