Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Heart of the City: Part One by DJ Anthology



Todays write up is provided by someone who I believe you know as Joe the Policeman from the What's Going Down episode of That's My Mama. Give it up for the Shiznit's own, Mr. DJ Anthology with a few words from Madame Editor-in-Chief, Yessssss. Let's first start by saying this was probably the best concert attended in a while. This is saying alot considering all the past concerts I've attended. Jayonce' and K-Ci's old Boo shut it down last night. However I have never and probably will never, ever, eva, evahhhh pay that much for a concert ticket again, but the show was worth every penny. The seats were great, shout out to all my peeps who were holding it down in sec 110.



First up was The Dream. His performance was one big pile of shiznit. He did three songs total, Falsetto, Shorty is a 10 and some other song that only one lame bamma with a ticket seemed to know. To make up for his shortcomings as a performer he did have 4 Pretty Hot And Tempting Dancers on stage gyrating as if this was going to be the paycheck to get them a ticket out the ghetto. These chicks had donkey butts and new how to use them. They were bending, stretching, and splitting in all directions during his entire set. The chicks over at the Penthouse needed to take some notes cause these broads were the truth. (Side Note: I told my wife to take notes too, we got an anniversary coming up...LOL!!) During Falsetto, they had some lesbo carpet munching action going on which was by far the best thing about his performance. The crowd went wild when he rolled out and said , “I’m not stupid I know ya’ll didn’t come to see me…LOL!!!” Bamma please exit stage left!

Anyway, 2 beers and a cup of wine later, the main attraction came on. The curtains opened and there was a movie screen playing a clip of Jay and Mary talking about their status’ in the game, how they respect each other, and yaddah yaddah. Then to hype the crowd a silloutte appears of Joe the Camel and MJB standing on stage, and I started to scream like a little girl. I wont lie I had a little Bitchassness in me that night!


They opened up the show with “Can’t knock the Hustle”, which is Madame Editor-in-Chief's favorite song. The crowd stood up and remained that way until the end of the show. Even Ima the old lady security guard was grooving, like she was at a Chi-lites Concert. The energy they have on stage together was amazing. Makes you wonder why they never got together. Imagine that! Okay nevermind, Yuck! Anywho, whomever thought to put this show together was a genius. The crowd was singing as if they were trying out for American Idol and not trying to disappoint Simon. Soon after Jay left the stage and Mary did her set.

All hail the Queen, because Mary never disappoints. Her voice was flawless, her body was worked out, and she looked amazing. She had everyone doing the happy feet to her classics like Real love, Be Happy, Reminisce, Family Affair and Enough Crying. She had everyone getting crunk up in that dancery. She kept everyone grooving for the first half of her set then slowed it down for the ladies. She sang I’m Going Down and proceeded to take it back to the Waiting Exhale days with Not Gone Cry wearing the all black lipstick . All the women went crazy and slapped every Man that was standing at their side just in case they ever thought about cheating.

Side Note- Madame Editor-In-Chief does not agree with any of DJ Anthology's Statement below, and will fire him the next time he says anything bad about MJB!
Now if you feel like I do, You know that Mary was in her prime when she had issues and therefore made her best music. So listening to her sing those bitter songs about love and betrayal made me want to commit suicide. She went into Your Child, and at that point it was time for another beer. She did a couple of songs off her new album that I don’t know, and some other hits. Then it was time for some more liquor. By this time I was pretty drunk and ready for Jigga my N*gga to come out. She predictably wrapped up her set with Just fine and the stage and crowd lit up. Mary’s performance was solid because puts her soul on the line when she performs which is why everyone loves her. She looked good, sang great, and gave everyone exactly what they wanted: A dime bag of MJB.

2 comments:

DCMEEK said...

DJ Anthology should have mentioned me in the credits given that he used my word. In 1994 I created and made popular the term "Donkey Butt". This term was later made famous by an asspiring young lady in a small town in Baltimore, MD Spring of 1995. Copyright pending....

Unknown said...

I caught the tour in Dallas this past weekend. As a big Jigga fan, I was a bit disappointed with his performance! DAMN U HOVA!!! I really slept on MJB. She held it down for 2 hours straight banging out hit after hit! Having Jigga come out after MJB was a complete set up!!! And I'm still tryn' to figure out who was the lil bamma that opened the show?