Monday, September 8, 2008

Why don't you just stop wasting our time?

Someone please tell me when will the VMA's come to an end. They haven't been the least bit of good in lets say.......uh........5years! Last night might have been the worst in a long time. There are so many things wrong with what went down last night. However the list won't be long because I only watched about an hours worth of the show, and I can't imagine that it miraculously got better. I will say that Rihanna looked fabulous as usual, Lil Wayne had a good performance, and at some point I curiously clicked back and saw TI and Rihanna.

The Host- I know on season 2 episode 4 of Martin he said "RESPECT THE HOST!" But who is this guy? He shows up off of British Airways out of nowhere. I'd like to think I am pretty much up on my British Star list. And for some reason he ain't showing up in my radar. I do however give him a gold star for sticking it out in those extra sleek, satin Lycra, skinny jeans! I don't care what Dr.'s say, I believe our first male has caught a yeast infection. I still don't know his name or anything. All I know is that his back yard is frizzy, the front yard is oily and stringy, and he hosted the VMA's! I will just call him Edward Scissorhands, that's the only thing that comes to mind.

Now lets take a look at Brittany Spears getting an award. WHAT THE FCUK? I couldn't even keep that to myself. The only video footage I have seen of her in the last two years (including this one) was the 10:00 news. Since when has she pulled a music video out of her back pocket and is now winning an award. Then she hops up on stage only to show us all that she is still "not all here!" Who was that guy with her, clapping it up? Let me guess some leach she met while in rehab???? This must have been how MTV convinced her to show up. Think about it. What other reason would have placed her in the house, with a front row seat at that. Meanwhile Chris Brown (who has hits, and at least 4 video's by the way) is sitting in row FF seat 22! Did you see when he had to run from the back of the room to receive his award? I thought I was watching a recap from the 2008 track and field competition in Beijing. Taking the bronze for the 400 meter dash is Chris Brown. It's officially time to revamp the Civil Rights movement. I predict some shady things in the future for our people. Order our steps lord!

On with the show! Next up I see the Pussy Cat Dolls win an award for best dance video. I ask again, what back pocket did MTV whip this out of because I have never, and I mean never, heard this song, seen this video. Nothing! Also, since when have the Pussy Cat Dolls ever been able to out dance Chris Brown. I would have even given this to Danity Kane! If this is how they plan to cheat Barack Obama at the November elections, let me know now, so I can go the "heck" off.

On with the next order of business. Why have an awards show, if no one is going to perform inside of the auditorium where it is held? For some strange reason the people over at MTV thought it would be grand if the stars would perform outside on a movie set. I sure hope it was cost effective, otherwise they wasted time. The lineup of singers, was just.......... we'll say it weighed heavy on my heart! The one person I didn't mind seeing was Katy Perry and they had the nerve to go to commercial on her. Why is it that new stars can't take to the big stage at MTV. It's like they are going through a hazing phase! 1 year probation, until you get your sophomore CD. Yet they made us sit through torture watching the Jonas Brother's. My problem here is you don't mix Disney Channel with MTV! Who thought this travesty up. No you got their 7 year old fans accidentally watching lil Wayne and other's, when they were only supposed to be watching the goofy a$$ Jonas Brothers. We won't even discuss Miley Cyrus being there. I am still waiting for someone to tell me why she is a star. Also, has MTV ever shown one of her video's on this station (which by the way, it's been a long time since you've heard anyone refer to channels as a station). I suggest Disney Channel come up with their own award show. Then there was Pink who I like, but yet I haven't liked her music. Maybe I would like it if they played it. I haven't seen MTV play a Pink video since the GET THE PARTY STARTED album! So question, why was she there? Is she about to come out with something? Then there was Paramore who I love, but where the "H" was she? She didn't even perform at the studio prop stages like everyone else. She was off in some underworld dungeon, never to return.

If you want to know what happened after this, don't ask me, because I don't know. I told your a$$e$ I only watched an hour. If you saw the rest of this show feel free to share with the rest of us. I ain't watching this shiz no more.

No comments: