Monday, September 15, 2008

That's Right honey, kick her a$$!


Tyler Perry is magnifique!


I don’t recall the good book saying that Tyler Perry would take over the Black Movie Market, and kill all other competition except Spike Lee, with the force of Hurricane Ike. Revelations did not say it would be like this. The Shiznit went to see this wickedly cast group of actors perform wonderfully. I must say that Tyler is the first person, to produce a black movie, and cast black people in roles that could’ve been portrayed by black, Nordic, Bangladeshan, or Tokyoan people. The first person who had the nerve to cast Robin Givens (the altruistic American-baptized heifer), as a child of God, and Sanaa Lathan (the All American Omar Epps reject) as the Mega B*tch! And believe me it was refreshing. I will say that Kathy Bates one of the few Nordic people in the movie was my favorite onscreen actor. She was amazing! Alfre Woodard was good, but it’s to be expected. On the flip side I would have preferred for Rockmond Dunbar to not have been such a naive character, nor for TP to have that disturbingly crooked Afro! And must he make us cry every time. It’s nice to just go in and laugh at a movie. But no TP insist that we wail out as if we have just been moved by Sunday morning testimony. However he made up for last years meet the Browns (recipe for disaster), with an excellent story line. Bravo, Clap, Clap!

This movie had me doing all of the things, that I hate about attending a black movie. I was yelling at the screen, sobbing out loud, and laughing uncontrollably. I wish I could expound on this further, but as usual there are those lackluster folks who have not seen it yet. Shame!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this movie was so good! I hope he starts to move more in this direction. I am really not a fan of the Madea movies.

That afro was ridiculous!

I don't understand why Sanaa Lathan's character ever married that guy. He was a good guy, but she was definitely too bougie for him even when she was broke.

Madame Editor-in-Chief said...

I agree! I don't know why she married him. Maybe she wanted to see if he would build up enough balls to slap her so hard she would do a back flip over a bar at her mama's diner! But it was refreshing to see her as the well dressed, B*tch, rather than the annoyingly desperate, spiral curled, I can cook a mean marinara sauce and soke in the tub, girlfriend!