Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pearl out of an Oyster, or, Marble out of a Dirty Trash Can


Far too often people are dooped into believing they have found the one. No one wants to take the extended time it takes to do their research!


Scenario 1

I am pretty certain that Whitney Houston thought she had a cultured pearl when she found Bobby Brown, but deep down on the inside he was just a shiny marble out of a dirty trash can. Do you know how many years it took for her to try and dust him off and make him presentable to the American public.


Scenario 2

Circa late 1990's Mme. Editor-in-Chief meets a young curly haired tenderoni. Upon meeting him she was blinded by his talk of internships at a law firm, an upstanding family that is a part of the Pennsylvania Gentry! Never mind that he had on a balled up pair of white K-Swiss (point em out, point em out)! But you know every pearl comes out of a crusty oyster. Needless to say dating him was like wearing a faux fur, not real enough! Fast forward to 2008, Coolie Joe, ain't even a secretary at a law firm, still owns those same pair of white K-Swiss, and has done every menial job on the block.


Scenario 3

Mme. Editor-in-Chief meets a country bumpkin who is in the process of trying to transform himself to a city slicker. He hit me with the okie doke, and gave me the Ralph Tresvant sensitivity BS! I fell for it, but I ran up out of this situation like Lolo Jones! He swore he was fashion guru numero uno because he gets clothes out of the Banana Republic. Nig, "F" yo clothes! You don't know shiz about fashion! As Barack Obama stated the other day "You can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig!" And as if the countriness ain't bad enough, he's was and probably still is a mama's boy! Tell mama to go get her a pair of nuts and sit on em! Bitcha$$ne$$ running rampant! To add insult to injury, he tries to play the Mme. Chieftainess! He starts hanging out (on the low of course) with what I believe is a Tranny (unbeknownst to him), who has a donkey grin with dimples. We will just call her Mellow Yellow! Scum! I tossed up the deuces, pulled my pointer finger down, and raised my remaining solo finger in a victorious salute! I'm too smooth to be embarrassed!


Scenario 1 & 2 made me laugh, but scenario 3 let me know that there was an attack of lunacy going around. I am a spy in my own right, I will get to the bottom of a situation! I am doing research till this day! Moral of the story is take time and find your diamond in the rough! Marbles are a game for street urchins! "Slum no more!"

No comments: