Sunday, May 4, 2008

NEW MUSIC MONDAYS


Each week the shiznit is going to start bringing you our review of the latest music. Check back each week to hear new music and to see if the music is ShizNIT or ShizNOT worthy.


Jazmin Sullivan – “I Need you Bad” (Shiznit Worthy)

I like this song….it’s got that new Reggae and Blues feel too it. I’m sure it will begin to get a lot of air play. . Her voice is very reminiscent of Ms..Ohh La La La…her self Lauryn Hill..and she’s only 20. I’m just hoping that, that carpet muncher Missy ain’t turned out...LOL!! I can’t front on Missy though…the singles she touches be hot. Actually, this is the second song that missy has produced for her. The other track was, “In love with another man”…a slow R&B song, but it really showcases this girls vocal capabilities. I think that is when I new she was going to be the next girl to look out for. She is definitely what the game needs right now, someone that ain’t screaming, Keyshia Cole, and someone that ain’t just eye candy, Rhianna. I expect big things from Jazmine so keep her on your radar, the shiznit will definitely let you know when her new album drops.

John Legend and Al Green – “Stay With me(By the Sea)” (Shiznit Worthy)

This song takes me back to the good old days…when all we needed was music, love, and a little bit of refer. It reminds me of “Let’s Stay together"and "Love and Happiness". I’m liking the collabo between and him little John Legend. Their voices complement the track and I’m all for the live strings and instrumentation. I thinks it’s safe too say that after a 5 year hiatus(last album in 2003)…my man Al still has it..and I have to say it’s not too often that an artist’s voice can stand the test of time with all the drugs in the industry, inject Chaka & Whitney. So I’m looking forward to his collabo album. He’s been working the Root’s ?uestlove, and I have already heard a track with him and Anthony Hamilton, that is just as good.(next week people next week). I’m not sure when It will drop, but we will let you know.

Jayonce, Ursher, and Weezy -Love in this Club Remix (ShizNOT Worthy)

I don’t like this version of Love in the Club. Tell me…why must black folk always mess with a good thing…if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. What started out as a club banger about getting’ it on in the club has turned into some crappy slow song about Jayonce not wanting to give it up in the club…”I can’t get jiggy with this shit.” First off why must she cram an entire book into one verse. Just sing dammit. BTW, she is not the REAL queen B...all hail little Kim. Also, Just because you throw weezy on a track doesn’t make IT hot. I’m a big weezy fan..however, his latest callabos, (Mario and Lloyd) have been a little wack..it’s sounds like he just gets sizzzuryuped up in the booth and just says whatever the hell he wants. Not only that he is steeling T-pain’s steez with the vocal doohickey..(Yeah I know T-pain stole it from Roger). Anyway, I don’t like this version, it will not be played in any of my mixes. IMO, not shizit worthy…

Vic – Get Silly (ShizNOT Worthy)
I don’t even think this needs an explanation.

T.I. – NO Matter What… (Shiznit Worthy)

Well ya'll Mr. Planters Peanut is back and trying to shake that case off. Arguably, T.I. is probably the best rapper to come out of the south, which is why he is the self proclaimed KING. Now that he has gotten away with a slap on the wrist for those gun charges, he’s back with a new single for what I’m assuming is a new album. I like this song ...although the beat had to grow on me. TIP is actual rapping about something other than the TRAP. His lyrical content has always been fire. My favorite line:

“To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible. Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional”

I think it’s a good come back song to let those other sucka MC’s know he’s still got it after being on house arrest for so long. I think this next album is going to focus more on lyrical content than anything else. Don’t get me wrong, I think he still going to be talking about the Trap, Big Wheels, and partying, but I don’t think it will contain as much gun toatin’, pot smokin lyrics.(Partly because of his probation..LOL). This song is defiantly Shiznit Worthy and I’m looking forward to his next project.



2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

Nice spot, and u write well. Do chk me out one day if u can, this is the kind of stuff I write, and if u like what u read, feel free to add me to your blog roll
raw dawg buffalo

Father Knows Best
Where are the Coretta's?
a penchant 4 committment

Madame Editor-in-Chief said...

Thanks for the love and support. It always feels good to make the people laugh and think! We added you to the blog roll!