Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Top Ten Tuesday




Top 10 Artist I wish would like to see at tonight's BET Awards! Some artist have been missing in action for the longest time. Or maybe I just miss them, but who doesnt love a reunion? Make sure you check back in tomorrow for full coverage of the show.

10. The Boys or ABC- I'm not sure I want this so much as for the music or just to see what they are looking like. Maybe they could come back with a Dial My Heart 2008 or Coolin at the Playground 08'! I just need to know what a 28 year old Red looks like, or even a 30 year old Ro-Ro. I know they have those moves in their repertoire. I just know it.


9. Al B. Sure- With all the musicians in the industry imitating Prince's high pitched falsetto, I am sure we can squeeze in a slot for Al B. Long before Usher found his upper register, and the Dream came on the scene, there was Al B. Sure. Just think about it, wouldn't it be interesting to watch him run into Kim Porter and Diddy on the red carpet. And if they serve him with child support papers, man that would be the best BET show ever.

8. Guy- Teddy, Aaron, and Damion, would kill all of these imitators. I'm just dying to know if Aaron Hall still has those chops. And I need Teddy Riley to remind T-Pain who the real synthesizer star is. Roger Troutman is no longer with us so he can't do it, but Teddy needs to give it to T-Pain. And Damian Hall can show all these unappreciative band mates how to just play their role in the background. This brother never complained about not receiving a lead role. He was content with dancing his a$$ off (in the back of course)and being a member of Guy. True showmanship!

7. Sisco- How dare the American public get upset with him for having a hit. I mean its not his fault the Thong Song took off. I want him back just the way he left, golden tresses and all. Maybe he can do a little spin and flip across the stage. He is more than welcome to invite Dru Hill along if he wants.

6. The Deele- This group brought about one of the hottest producer duo's (LA & Babyface). I just don't think its fair that the other guys didn't get a fair Deele (get it)! Well anywho if we can gather up Babyface, LA, and the rest of the gang this would make for an interesting BET awards. Catch is they must where those Prince and the Revolution outfits they loved so much and the Jheri Curl/Perms, all while singing Shoot Em Up Movies! Oh and don't forget the eyeliner.

5. Dangelo- I never saw this brother falling off. As a matter of fact I am still wondering why he is on this list. I just wonder if he were to be invited to the show, would he still have cornrows. If so I need to update yesterday's list.


4. Tevin Campbell- As a young protegee of Quincy Jones, falling off should not be in your vocabulary. I know his fresh soprano voice has been replaced by a rusty alto, but give the brother a chance. He deserves at least to present an award tonight.

3. Patra- You know the music industry has the shadiest relationship with reggae artist. One year we are loving reggae the next we are tired of them. It ain't right. The Queen of the pack introduced us to such wonderful dances as the butterfly and the pepperseed. And had me doing said dances for the better part of 2 years. I usually retire a dance after 6 months to a year. If she shows up tonight I might rekindle my dance relationship with the butterfly.

2. Jodeci- These brothers showed up one year and I ha vent seen them since. I was hoping they could return in a singing capacity. I know that K-Ci and JoJo have a little bit of voice left to pull this off. I'm certain of it and they have so much showmanship. Maybe they could bring that big body guard and let K-Ci piggy back ride around the arena. They invented the ad lib, and didn't get credit! I mean where do you think Ooh Yeah, came from! K-Ci damnit. Dalvin and DeVante could just stand around like they did before. I don't know that they would provide much of the beauty aspect as they did in the past. The last time I saw them they had on platform tennis shoes and Merlot colored leather outfits, Devante had jheri perm. However, a professional stylist could restore them to what they once were.

1. Bobby Brown- Either as a fill in with new edition or as a solo artist, Bobby has to come back. I miss he and Whitney on the red carpet. They were like the Cephas and Reesie of any award show. He has child support to fulfil and he can only do this if he is working. This brother is the real life Eddie Kane, Jr. without the stellar voice, but none the less a similar story. He has one hell of a karate kick move that he can still execute on the stage, and it shouldn't go unnoticed.

No comments: