Friday, June 26, 2009

Off the Wall


Words Can't express the emotions at the loss of an icon. My childhood hero: Michael Jackson.


He was more than a person he was an event. I can remember a time when a Michael Jackson video was like a movie premier. Everyone had to see it. Whether it be Thriller, Bad, or my personal favorite Remember the Times!


As a former dancer I was always enamored with Michael's moves and the choreography of his video's. I waited for the moment he would introduce the dance world to a knew move that we had yet to learn. The choreography which was often time simple yet difficult was the highlight of my life. Although a lot of the choreography was easy he made it look like it was the most difficult task to learn because he was so eloquent and smooth. He had charisma!


I wish he knew how much he was appreciated before he left this earth. The media wanted to turn him into a monster because he was different and they didn't get it. They lifted him up and then kicked him down. Some fell for it. But in the end he prevailed because his true fans knew the humanitarian Michael who did so much for people all over this planet, and who moved a race of black people from the side bar to the top of the music and video charts. We love you Michael!

No comments: